Evan Daum, Canada West Communications
EDMONTON – A pair of provincial rivalries open the 2018 Canada West rugby season Sunday, Sept. 9, as the Alberta Pandas host the Lethbridge Pronghorns, while the UBC Thunderbirds welcome the Victoria Vikes.
The complete conference rugby 15s schedule was unveiled Thursday, as Canada West continued to roll out schedules for the upcoming 2018-19 season. Field hockey kicked off the June schedule reveals on Wednesday, with the rest of the conference schedules to be released later this month.
- Click here for the complete 2018 CW rugby 15s schedule
- The Calgary Dinos are looking for their third consecutive CW title
- Alberta hosts the 2018 CW Rugby Championship Oct. 19-21 in Edmonton
While conference play opens Sept. 9, the defending CW champion Calgary Dinos won't hit the field until the second week of action, as they start their run at a third consecutive conference banner on Sunday, Sept. 16 at home versus Alberta.
The conference regular season concludes Sunday, Oct. 14 when Victoria welcomes Alberta.
Speaking of the Pandas, they'll host the conference championship Oct. 19-21 in Edmonton, where they'll be joined by three other CW teams looking to win the west and punch their ticket to the U SPORTS championship Nov. 1-4 at Acadia University in Wolfville, NS.
CW schedule release dates:
- Field hockey: Wednesday, June 6
- Soccer: Thursday, June 14
- Hockey: Tuesday, June 19
- Volleyball: Wednesday, June 20
- Basketball: Thursday, June 21
- Championship sports (swimming, curling, wrestling, track & field): Thursday, June 28
NOTE: The Canada West Women's Rugby 7s Series schedule will be released this fall.